Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Poor and the Royal

Today as I am writing this blog post, I find myself most definitely representing both the poor and the royal.

First I am royal because, I am the Queen of Procrastination (you may try to argue with me, but don't because then I'll probably just get fiesty :)). As the Queen of Procrastination, I am inherently lazy, and disturbed by it. If you don't already know this I am in an AP European History class! Yeah big woop Rach you're in ONE AP class, and I know I know, it shouldn't be that bad, and it really ISN'T I am just a lazy bum! LAZY bum. Which brings me to how I represent the poor too, as I study European History I feel a little bit sad, because I completely remind myself of the poor who became KIND of a problem, or kind of annoying almost to the people of Europe in eh like the 15th and 16th century.

The poor, were looked upon as disgusting by those of the working class, because they were so absolutely "idle" in everything they did, and apparently it became a big problem, because there were all of these lazy poor people constantly begging for alms on the streets! Obviously there were some poor people that really couldn't work, because they were sick or old or whatever, but then there were those like this: (I'm stealing this from a DBQ I had to write)


"I have heard the poor talk and learned that those who have grown accustomed to this life cannot leave it. They have no cares, pay no rents or taxes, have no losses to fear. They are independent, they warm themselves by the sun, sleep and laugh as long as they like, are at home everywhere, have the sky for a blanket, the earth for a mattress. In a word, they have no worries."

or this one:

"When I practiced medicine in my lord the Earl of Somerset's house, many sick beggars came to me, and not knowing I was a physician, asked me for alms. Instead, I offered to heal them... But they would have none of that, for they would much rather be sick and live with ease and idleness than to be well and to honestly earn their living with great pain and labor."


Now obviously, I'd rather be healthy and doing homework than sick, and I don't cheat and go from house to house begging and all of that, I don't even really get bad grades! But I have realized how incredibly lazy I have become! Seriously! How much effort does it take to sit down, and study for a little while? How MUCH of a sacrifice is it for me to give up browsing facebook. Yet, WHY do I desire to have no cares in the world? To warm myself by the sun and blah blah blah blah blah! I KNOW the long term consequences of short term satisfaction, and yet for some reason can not bring myself to buckle down and work! So right now representing, royalty and the poor, I feel like royalty of nothing. Royalty over the sun and the nothing that I enjoy basking in, instead of the hardworking doctor, and merchant! And I'm realizing, I REALLY gotta get a grip if I'm going to pass this AP test! And I'm going to have to sacrifice, but what is sacrificing for a MONTH. The AP test, is May 7th, I have SO much to learn, and SOOO little time, I really should be able to concentrate for that long! 31 days. I can work hard for 31 days.

So, that is why I am writing this, I don't. Really know what to do! As the Queen of Procrastination, I have tried EVERYTHING, I feel like an obese person that's been on every diet! And. I just need to stop. I realize by now that it is only self-mastery that can help me in this pursuit. But for some reason I feel the need to seek outside help. Even though, I know it won't work, because when I don't want to do something, I usually don't do it, until I REALLY REALLY REALLY have to, or if I ask someone to help me, I eat their heads off, because now I have someone to blame for causing me "grief". So... this blog post was basically pointless, but I don't want to go back to my old ways, and I don't want to work hard still, and I KNOW HOW ABSOLUTELY horrible that is! but. I just. can't seem to force myself, and can't seem to stand it when other people force me.
Comments or suggestions would be appreciated! Though I might get annoyed, as I previously stated :) there are no guarantees :) I am Ms. Spicy!

AND I suppose, that is all.

1 comment:

Kaden said...

That Euro test is coming up soon! AHH