Friday, January 30, 2009

It couldn't be long before...

I got back into auditions, and theater!!! My school is having a Spring Musical, this one will be done by the theater teacher... and the musical is....

The Pirates of Penzance. Yeah, I know kind of a strange musical for a middle school but it's okay. I actually hadn't really heard of this play. Maybe somewhere, but I don't really know that much about it, I mean I kind of know the plot now, but... I still need to watch it. It's been really fun auditioning, we had individual singing, and monologue auditions, and a combined dance audition. This morning we found out if we made call backs... and I DID!!! I was a bit surprised! But... callbacks were this afternoon. I got called back to read and sing for the parts of the sisters... obviously not the main character, but one of the sisters that has lines, or a solo. Let me tell you... callbacks were fun but they seemed a bit intense to me. For me... practice makes perfect, is a really great saying. Most things I DO NOT get the first time, so... it's difficult for me to go through a never before heard song, and then just... get up on stage, and sing it as a solo... luckily we only sang a few lines :)... the results of these try outs... I will know... probably tomorrow!!!

No comments: