Friday, April 10, 2009

Mini Pies

So... since this is supposed to have some things about me baking on it... I'll put some...
I'm kind of a baker at heart, and every once in awhile I get cravings for baking... and today it just happened to be for mini-pies. So... I made some...
Any kind of pie crust will work for this, --- but make sure to role it out thin--- and you can basically improvise the fillings. I made two kinds of pies, and I tried a lattice top, and a normal top, the lattice turned out a lot better than the normal top... and I made plenty of high pitched noises when I looked at this tiny little pies... I think I'm going to try to take it even smaller next time...
Oh yah as I was saying to different kinds of pies, I did strawberry and apple... for both I just cut up the fresh fruit and then mixed it with some flour, sugar, and cinnamon, just eyeballing it, and coating them pretty well. Because I didn't want hard apples in these pies, (the apples wouldn't get cooked long enough in the oven) I microwaved them for awhile. But I think they turned out yummy and cute...
OH AND BE SURE TO CHECK OUT MY POST BELOW THIS ONE, I WAS going to put them together but I worried about having that many pictures in one post.

Here is all of them... you can tell the lattice is way better :)


This just happens to be my favorite because it turned out pretty good :)


Here's how small it is


Oh by the way I got the idea from bakerella... there's a link to her blog on my blog!

2 comments:

Lara B said...

You did a great job on those pies. But, next time will you make mini banana cream pies?

Rach said...

I actually thought about that... but then I felt to lazy to make the budding and stuff...