So this morning, I was thinking about time. It's the WEIRDEST concept to grasp for me! Whoever made the connection between time, and a road trip knew what they were talking about (I don't think it was me?... Does anyone know who made this connection?). There have ALREADY been so many moments, or even events in my life that I have been anticipating either for my whole life, or for a year or so. Each time I have waited in anticipation for a LONG time, and suddenly the event is almost here, and then in an instant the moment is happening, and is suddenly over and long gone. It's EXACTLY like the road trip idea, we place our focus on a point a landmark or even just a certain tree among the winding canyon, far away or close, and there is just a second where you are physically "at" your landmark, and as you look behind you, the tree or landmark is zooming away from you, far behind the point where you are now at. It's insane to realize how FAST time goes, and yet it can seem to drag on with anticipation. My next "landmark" I think will be starting Highschool, and then turning 16! These are all things that I have long anticipated, and I'm sure that as soon as it's here, it will zoom by, and I will be on to new landmarks, like graduating from Highschool, going to College, getting married, and then having kids. I can't even imagine those things right now, but I'm sure in an instant they'll be here, and then gone... Life is SO short! Which is why staying on the path, or the road in our "roadtrip" is so important! I mean how much harder would it be if we tried to drive our car through trees, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to see where you were going, or even to think of your destination up ahead. But if you stay on the road, life will be easy, and you'll be able to enjoy the trip! Also, eventually enjoy the destination too!
Anywho... ramblings of a Rachel!
1 comment:
And it just keeps getting faster and faster. I feel like I just turned 16 . . .
Post a Comment