I only just realized "the final frontier" came from Star Trek. But... oh well the title is their because this post is about my monologue FINAL. I figured "hey, they both have final in them why not?".
Anywho... you're about to hear the story of my monologue, in great detail. Beginning mostly yesterday.
So I had been kind of avoiding making changes to my monologue, because I was unsure. Yes, I'm a putter offer when it comes to things like that. I was really worried about what Mr. Long would think of me, because of certain people that may have proceeded me, and may have made Mr. Long love them. So I don't know I was freakin' out, about what he thought about me, because I was thinking of this as "my debut", or something for theater. It seemed like a first impression moment. Anyways... all of yesterday I was unsure of myself. I kept saying "I can't do it." "I don't want to do it". What can I say it was stupid. So once I was finished with my other homework. I told one of my friends, that I was done caring about that kind of thing, I didn't care what anyone that of me, including what Mr. Long thought. I mostly told her because I needed to hear it said. Anyways. So I practiced and I thought of some good things I could do. During lunch I practiced, and thought of things that I could do. But for some reason it was still blander than I wanted it to be. The bell rang, we were all sitting there people were scared. But they were still going, at least after a little encouragement. For some reason my jitters were gone though. I had been worrying before people were performing, but then I kind of relaxed. That worried me a little I thought "I'm not focusing, I'm going to forget". Then... I just decided that I was gonna go, I got up, introduced myself and then began. It was really weird. All of a sudden I had a totally new life, or as Hannah told me "you found some kind of fire inside!" (pahhaa... we're weird.) Anyways. It was weird, I did things I had never done before. I was getting laughter, YES! But... unfortunately I did a bad stumble, where all of a sudden I couldn't remember a line, and then I had to kind of do a little improv till I could remember... but still I was relieved to be done. We'll see what my grade is! I'm SURE it's not a perfect score, but at least I did my monologue, without passing out or puking. Which I wouldn't really do... but a girl in our class, I SWEAR she was about to do one of those things! Anyways... that's all. A long explanation for a simple thing, and that is all!
3 comments:
Yeah seester! High five, good job. I KNEW you could do it, I just KNEW IT! :)
WOO HOO!! That's awesome Rachel! Btw, usually when your jitters are gone, that's GOOD. It means your body and mind are in sync with each other. (weird theater stuff for you there.) :) Congrats on a first monologue in high school!!!
Woah!! I was mentioned! Well you did fabulous! You are amazing at acting and everything, quite frankly! You are really really good, serious girlfriend. For serious. Stay awesome!
Post a Comment