Monday, March 8, 2010

The addiction has begun

So one morning a week ago or so, I woke up with a frightening thought in my head.

"You should go for a run."

AHHHHH!!!! I know! It was scary. But I felt like running! Then my brothers began saying things like "and thus the addiction begins." Then. I didn't go for a run! :)

Let me describe to you why these thoughts are SO stinkin absurd! I HATE running. I hate gym classes (except when you don't do anything and really fun people are in them :) ). When my parents forced me to take a gym class, I think I cried ( I know I'm a baby!). I just didn't think I could do it! Because of this sad fact: I had never run a mile without walking. Yes. At 16 years of age I had never ever run a mile without stopping.

Well I am here to tell my few blog readers. I LIKE my gym class. I LOVE doing workouts! Also, on our second mile and a half, I ran the whole way :) and dropped 4 minutes and 8 seconds (which kind of sounds cool! But actually isn't :) ).

Today I had ANOTHER crazy idea! When we were setting goals for ourselves in gym today, I set the bar REALLY REALLY high. Blog readers. I am here to tell you that by the end of this school year I will run a mile and a half in 11 minutes and 15 seconds! That might not be fast but it is to me! And I will do it! We'll see how it goes, I suppose that means I'll have to put in extra time outside of gym. But... I will. I have to prove to myself that I can! And thus, it begins. Not an addiction. For those of you who are Derek's friends, for those of you who run cross country. No. I will not join. But I will run a mile and a half in 11:15.

And that is all :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow Rachel, I told you that " The Addiction has Begun"! Now you are one step closer to becoming one of us!

Derek said...

Rachel if you run an 11:15 you better join the cross team, that's a 7:30 mile, if you can do that for a mile and a half after a couple months of training you better join!