Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Scaredy Cat

This, is a picture of a scared cat.

We are one and the same. I've realized recently that I am such a scaredy cat. I've always consider myself to be a very outgoing person, and I USED to think that I was really willing to try new things. And yet... the are so many things that I'm just so passive about, and so many things I just haven't done.

For your viewing pleasure... here is a list of things I have never done/hardly ever do/or weird things I do because I am scared. :)

1. I've never been skiing, or snowboarding. (AND I live in UTAH!)
2. I can't ice skate (small children pass me because I'm too slow at scooting along the side!)
3. I can't swim (I was SO one of those kids that you have to coax into sticking their face in the water, and then there was sputtering, and a frightened "I did it!")
4. I've been tubing once, and any other form of boating, I've avoided :)
5. I walk down stairs into swimming pools because I'm scared of jumping in.
6. I once got scared sitting on someone's shoulders. They were kneeling on the ground.
7. Go down a slip-n-slide correctly. (I run... slow down... sit down... and then scoot.)
8. You know that game where you like, jump from log to log, or something like that? I'm horrible at that.
9. Dancing
10. Falling on your back on a trampoline (making back wars impossible!! If anyone else ever did those... like... knee wars?... yeah I'm talking to myself now.)

What a thrill seeker eh? :)
So basically, I feel like the most passive person in the world when I think about how many things I'm afraid of trying!! How ridiculous are all of those things? And how many things am I missing out on because I'm too scared of them! (A lot more than 10 :) ) I'm working on it... maybe I'll start with slip-n-sliding :)

2 comments:

Rozanne said...

You and Lauren should go ice skating together! She does one lap while the rest of us do 5 or 6!

Anonymous said...

I have never been much of a dare devil myself and while I have done some of those things I haven't don't them all. Like ski....

I thought I was kind of a whimp because I didn't have the desire to do any of them but then the other day I heard someone say something like this....

"We were sent on this earth and given our bodies for a reason and we should cherish and take care of them and we shouldn't do anything to bring harm to them including throwing yourself down some big mountain on two sticks wood". That made me feel a lot better about being a whimp and I thought I am taking care of the body I was given like I should :)

Hope that helps