Sunday, April 24, 2011

This one is for you Julia! :)

Here you are, a blogpost just for you! :D

The other day in my art class there were a bunch of boys talking (and what else can you do besides eavesdrop in an art class :) ) and their conversation turned religious. I was really really interested in what they were saying about their different beliefs and things. They were talking about what they thought would happen after they died and it was so interesting... there was kind of a general curiosity or kind of vagueness on the subject, with one kid that completely doubted that there was anything after death. And I just sat there and felt so lucky. I wanted to tell them so badly "I know!! I know!" Because I know without a doubt in my mind what will happen after I die. I know! While I wasn't bold enough to stand up and shout it like I wanted to... I know without a doubt in my mind that this is the true church, restored in its fullness. And I know without a doubt that because of Christ's atonement and sacrifice for us, death is not the end, it doesn't just stop. I am so extremely grateful for this knowledge. The gospel has brought me and brings me every single day peace and joy that is so unexplainable and I love it so much! I wish I could just give everyone a piece of my testimony so they would know too!!!

I hope you have a wonderful Easter :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did see this the day you posted it. sorry it took me so long :)I remember in High School we had a substitute once that was a member of the church but she lived in a different town. She heard some boys talking and they kept taking the lord's name in vain and she walked right up to them and told them she didn't appreciate the way they were talking and that it was important for them to not use that word. They were shocked. I remember thinking to myself that I wish I had that kind of courage. I did stand up for things later on but she was a great example to me.