So. When I turned 8, I got a few journals for my birthday, and I'm pretty sure I started writing in it THAT day. Now I think I have... 14 journals full of Rachely goodness! :) A.K.A. hours of fun.
This is why you should keep a journal ya'll.
1. You notice things about yourself. If you know me... you probably know. I enjoy eating greatly. :) Apparently It's not a new thing. Ahem
July 6th, 2006. (12 year old Rachel)
Tomorrow we're having blueberry pancakes for breakfast! YEA I LOVE BLUBERRY PANCAKES!" And then I took the time to write BLUEBERRY PANCAKES big enough to take up half a page. NICE.
August 5th, 2006
"Also this morning daddy made french toast for breakfast it was GOOD! I love french toast."
September 4th, 2006
"I had grilled cheese for lunch"
2. You get to remember specific tender moments from your past.
August 27th, 2006
AAAHHH!!!
School is tomorrow! Oh no!
I'm so scared.
Although I do feel a bit better after Daddy gave us a blessing. But I'm still pretty scared.
I just have to spill mouthwash tonight on my pj pants and carpet.
Oh well.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll be riding the bus, taking 8 different periods managing a LOCKER!
I'm SO scared! AAHHH!"
Paha. But in all seriousness, while my journals seriously make me laugh for hours and hours on end, my recent journals hold some of my most precious memories, and a record of my feelings, (Which are still super dramatic :) ) personal joy, and self improvement. I get so much joy and peace out of reading both my current journal, and the ones from when I was 12. Somehow it becomes so much easier to see God's hand in my life! So moral of the story: Journals will bless your lives.
So... keep a journal ya'll.
And that is all.
That rhymed.
No comments:
Post a Comment