Monday, July 21, 2008

Low-fat orange vanilla sugar cookies

Mmm... I LOVE these cookies, they are delicious... I thought since this is the crazy bakery that I should post some of my favorite recipes! These are so good... I found the recipe on cooks.com when searching for low fat sugar cookies... I have one thing to say, you should reduce the temperature when cooking them or they will never ever cook! Thats the recipie copied in... Sometimes I substitute applesauce for the oil so they are super low fat... butter extract isn't neccesary oh and sometimes I make a frosting to go with it just some orange extract, orange rind, and maybe some milk and powdered sugar... they're so good! And you can eat more and feel less guilty nummy! If you want the actual address it is
http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1710,158163-237206,00.html
LOW FAT ORANGE-VANILLA SUGAR COOKIES
3 tbsp. oil
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
2 tbsp. milk
1/4 tsp. butter extract
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. orange extract
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
Preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees. Spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray. Mix all dry ingredients. Mix all liquid ingredients. Combine. Mix thoroughly. Drop from teaspoon 1" apart on the baking sheet. Bake about 8 minutes until delicately browned. Watch closely or they will burn! Remove from oven, sprinkle with sugar if desired.

No comments: