Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Goldfish Theory

So you're going to think this is dumb... but I don't exactly care, because I LIKE IT! :) He he... anywho... I REALLY enjoy little metaphors... and symbolism, and a few days ago... I made this up!

The GOLDFISH theory!
-Each of us is like a goldfish in a bowl, and we are TRYING and TRYING and TRYING to define and explore the bowl around us, but we see our bowl, and we see each pebble, each new piece of dirt, each plastic plant, and everything inside. As a fish inside the bowl, it is practically impossible for us to see what the whole bowl looks like. We can't "define" our fish bowl because we see so much going on inside the bowl. An outsider, can view the bowl from many different angles, but they can't exactly know it intimately as the fish does. This is my metaphor... for why I find it PRACTICALLY impossible to define myself. It's SO weird! Have you ever tried to define yourself before? I CAN'T! I can NEVER figure out what my personality is like... and sometimes it drives me nuts, and I wish I could step back and see my WHOLE fish bowl. Or I wish some outsider... would be gracious enough to describe my real self! (cough cough... DO IT!) I mean, I don't care if there is bad things in my fishbowl... cuz... obviously. There are! But yeah... That's about all. This is a boring post... but I think it's interesting... and... that is all! :)

1 comment:

Kaden said...

Totally agree with this theory of yours! Oh that fish had wings...