SUMMER UPDATE:
Last week I went to girls camp, and had a WONDERFUL and very spiritual time! It was SO much fun, and I'm so grateful to Rozanne Huff for planning the WHOLE shabang! And Becca for doing an absolutely incredible job planning things for our ward! Things I learned while there
1. I LOVE to read my scriptures in the mountains!
I wish I could drive, just so I could go up and read, it's wonderful!
2.We have a ward full of absolutely beautiful young women!
Seriously each one of them was so wonderful! I'm so grateful for each of them, and I learned something from each one! Especially during testimony meeting. Thanks for putting up with me ladies.
3.Our leaders are INCREDIBLE!
Becca, for those of you who know her... had EVERYTHING planned. I am constantly amazed by her ability to stay on top of things, she brought everything that you could ever need, and so much that was just incredibly fun to have! Our camp was decorated, we had little mailboxes, each meal was delicious and easy to prepare. We even washed our own dishes to cut down on waste. She was INCREDIBLE.
4.Bug spray is not edible :)
Hehe... I love the beehives in our ward. SO much. You guys are wonderful, you have no idea how much you added to camp.
5.Sometimes I talk in my waking sleep!
Of course... I learned many many other things :) but those are just a few I thought I'd mention!
Other than that... I've been following my usual summer pattern, of going to bed really late, and then figuring out... oh yes, you DO have to get up in the morning to do things :)! But I have been enjoying teaching piano, taking piano, taking art, taking voice, and just kind of lounging around... doing whatever I want! I feel like... I'm doing a lot better than last year with prioritizing my time... even though I still end up wasting a lot of it! I just feel like... a lot more important things make it into my day! :) Which is ALWAYS good!
Every year during the summer, I always end up embracing my childhood again! Not that I'm out of it! I just... end up remembering the days when I was under five feet tall. I also end up spending a lot of time alone with my thoughts, which can be good. :) I don't know! I'm just really grateful for free time, as well as the times when I have specific things I need to do, or the times I get to hang out with my incredible pals!
Soon... I will post some of my summer goals completed! I just have to... complete something first! :)
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a good time at girls' camp, and you're right, the food was very yummy in your camp!
Ah, Rachel...you make me smile :) Ps-last paragraph=totally my life...besides like the piano and voice and getting up late...but the part about the thoughts and childhood-ness....yes...:)
Rozanne, you were INCREDIBLE :) And we did have a pretty tasty menu!
Lauren, you make ME smile! I'm glad we are twins. yes... :)
Post a Comment