Friday, July 30, 2010

I tried to make a card!

So... I needed to make a cute card to give to a secret someone, and that got me worried because... I've never really been much of a "card maker" (I know am I even Mormon? Hehe... just teasing!) So... I decided to rely on my PREVIOUS experiences in making cards (Relief Society, and Young Women activities :D), and my instincts and start by...

1. Collecting several different pieces of scrapbooking paper. I made sure that they didn't match but they DID. The papers on my card don't match, but they DO because they all have red! :)

2. Add flowers, ribbons, string, or buttons. Or if possible... ALL of the above!
So... my previous knowledge said "Add a flower Rachel" and so... I found a flower... PROBLEM it was Yellow. My INSTINCTS always tell me that I should paint things. Weird! So... I painted the yellow flower... and TRIED to make it match :) Haha... riiiiiIIIIggghht. Then I kind of spilled some paint on the paper so... I was like... "yeah... I meant to do that... see?" And I slopped paint all over it! I tried to put a button on it. FAILURE. So... now... my card looks like... this. I know, not very cute, very unoriginal... a little sloppy.



I call it... CARD #1.


Sorry recipient of this card! :) Hopefully you just read the inside!

No comments: