Yesterday, I hiked Mount Timp with my family. I already knew I was a
wimpy little girl, but this hike kicked my trash a lil'. I didn't realize how intense it was going to be! We walked over 15 miles. And for some reason, it was pretty hard for me! As we walked, and walked, and walked I seriously doubted that we were going to climb that beautifully pointy peak in the distance.

One of the funniest parts of the hike, was the lack of bathrooms. I KNOW I'm wimpy. But I am eternally grateful to the man who invented flush toilets, I was even more grateful for that person, when we came upon the ONLY toilet on the trail. PAHA. Nope. It's not a joke, that is a real "toilet."
Or... plastic hole in the ground with wood by it. 
Anywho. after that we climbed ourselves up to the saddle thingy, and ate some lunch, and then decided to continue onwards to the peak.

That made me a LITTLE nervous. I mean look at it, how much room is there between you and that vast and beautiful canyon
and your death. 
We stood on top... left our mark


and then headed down the mountain (harder than going up :) ). We ran out of water for awhile there on the way back, but luckily there are some lovely waterfalls a few miles from the start of the hike, and we had a nifty water filter! Anywho... we walked back to our campsite, and I was SERIOUSLY pooped. I was fine hiking, but once I stopped, my ankles, and knees, and hips hurt, and I had mosquito bites, and a sunburn, Jessica and I hobbled around the camp for the rest of the day, and today I'm just a little bit sore.
And we did all of that... for this view.
It was worth it.

That's all.
No comments:
Post a Comment