Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lucy and I are Buddies!

So, for my knowledge project, I decided to sew a dress. I've never really sewed anything before... like... I did a bag, another little bag, probably a pillow case :) So... basically nothing. And I decided, I would take on a dress! It had like 76 steps. I am SUCH an impatient person, and also I'm not very precise with things like this... so... after like 20 hours of hard labor... my dress... is finished. And I put it on... and I felt like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScLNAVwmjgQ


WATCH IT! Maybe not all of it... but basically... I felt really close to her, when I was done with my dress. My mom laughed when I put it on :P.

BUT.

Here is my dress...
That is my... I hate having my picture taken face :)
I am not good at sewing :) That is all!

4 comments:

Author said...

You got it done! It looks great in the picture, do you not like it (I can't watch the video- no youtube access)? Way to go! At least you can say that you made it. Now I want to hurry and finish mine... We can be twinners at school! :P

BS said...

Hey! That's not bad at all!! Good job :) i've never sewed ANYTHING in my entire life...including a pillow case. :) You've got me beat. :)

And nice Lucy reference. One Million points to you. :)

Rozanne said...

Hey, I can tell it's a dress, so that's a step ahead of my sewing (or many steps, actually). I tried an apron once, and had to have my sister finish it. GOOD FOR YOU!!

Rach said...

Tay- Haha, yes I finished it! But I don't know if I like it THAT much. And the video was just an I love Lucy thing where she sews a dress! And we CAN Be twinners, but I'm only doing it once haha... my sleeves are simply TOO poofy!

Briana- Thanks :)

Rozanne- I'm glad you can tell it's a dress! :) Thanks!