Sunday, September 26, 2010

Yes, I did sew that.

So a week ago, I decided that I wanted to sew a skirt. Being the impatient young woman that I am, I decided not to use a pattern because I couldn't find one that I liked. As this is my second sewing project, I really don't know enough about sewing to just sew whatever whenever... But as the overconfident young woman that I can sometimes be, I decided that I didn't care! And this is how it turned out!

APPARENTLY it's very apparent that I made it because many of our sweet young women said "Did you make that Rachel?" :) The nice way of saying "ooooh boy Rach." But... it's okay because I like it a lot! Even when little strings hang down all over it. Even though no matter how you wear it it looks lopsided. Even though it has a random seam in the bottom that is TOTALLY noticeable. It has a little pocket on it, so that's a plus, and it has lil' flowers on the side because I wanted to put them there. So basically. It's my skirt and I like it.
There's a side view with the lil' pocket. :)
And a closer look at the skirt. :)

FUN FACT: I decided this while I was sewing this skirt, and thought I was pretty clever.
The reason why women traditionally wore skirts? After finally finishing the clothes for the rest of the family... do you THINK they'd want to sew something hard? Nope. Sew up the sides. DONE and done. That's all!

3 comments:

Lara B said...

I love the skirt Rachel. I was admiring it at church today. Good job- you are very talented.

Author said...

I love the flowers on the side! Did you do that with the sewing maching?

Rozanne said...

I love it! I'm in awe of your talents.