So... as these next few days role by, my "Middle School Career" will come to an end and what will I have learned, or thought about it???
Well... I think it was a good experience. While my virgin mind has been exposed to many a not very good things, I still think that over all if you ignore all of that, it has been a good career...
One of the things I have found to be so amazing... is to watch social groups, and friends. At lunch if I'm not really talking to anyone I love to look at the people around me... there are so many different people in Middle School. The people there affect and react to each other in so many different ways. For example. One day, I saw a group of super kids, with awesome standards at a table.. they were just eating, and you hear one boy there swear. People kind of teasingly reprimand him because they are too shy to do anything else. As I watch... in a few weeks... that kid... has disappeared from the table!!! He doesn't sit with them anymore!!! It's kind of like devolution... Also... some people feel obligated to be certain ways, and will act way differently around different people.
It's insane how your ATMOSPHERE, completely changes who you are!!! Although some people think who they hang out with doesn't affect them, it totally does. Whether or not you realize it, you absorb what others do. You gather little attributes from different people, and become more like the people you are around. That's why old married couples LOOK THE SAME, and ACT THE SAME!!!!
If Middle School has taught me ANYTHING it would be
Choose your friends wisely!! (or as a parent, know who your children's friends are)
and...
Be true to who you are!!!!
Don't let middle school change you!!! Don't let anything affect you, unless it's for the better... your friends... should raise you up! Never should they bring you down!!!!
1 comment:
Oh Rachel you are so much smarter than you think! It takes most people to graduate high school before they figure that out, and then some still can't figure that out. You are amazing and are such a great example. I am so proud of you. You are going to do great things.
Post a Comment