
That picture is just a random one I found on the internet!!! Not mine... but... oh well... you get the point
So... as always, after a while, I have a cooking post on this blog. This one isn't REALLY going to have a recipe, but... oh well! This is mostly about how much I LOVE to cook! I REALLY love it... I think I've always loved cooking, because when I think back on it, I have loved the smell and feel of flour since I was really little. I have watched my mom in the kitchen for ever, making all kinds of food, I especially remember watching her make pies, which is now what I LOVE to cook! And... I have always had things I that I have hoped I would some day be able to cook. One of them was turtle bread (which I'll post pictures of some time... ) ... and one was a souffle... yeah they aren't really matching in difficulty, because turtle bread is bread, shaped like a turtle, and... a souffle is not! I'm just waiting on getting my ramekins before I can make a souffle!! I'm SO excited!!! Anywho... today I was making chocolate-chip cookies (which in Spanish is "galletas con pepitos de chocolate"... and they were accidentaly "invented" by Ruth Graves Wakefield... in case you had a burning desire to know that!!!), I swear that is like the staple food of desserts! So really easy, doesn't take very long, but because I am such a dramatic thinker, I suddenly realized how amazingly good a warm oven feels and smells! And... I have ALWAYS loved scooping out cookies, and putting them on a pan. I dunno, there is something awesome, and magical about cooking, at least for me. So... I wrote a poem...
Why do we cook?
We cook because we are hungry.
We cook because it's fun.
We cook because it's (ful)filling...
Okay I'll stop now... tehee... that was just a joke anywho... but now I feel like I have a split personality, because I don't really know very many people who love to cook as much as I do... :) so the "we cook" doesn't feel the same! Anywho, I'll have to put some more recipes on here for the rest of you to enjoy!
4 comments:
I think it's great that you love to cook! Me too, except the last time I tried to back cookies, it was a disaster! I was just telling Brian the other day that I wanted some ramekins. I have a recipe for a warm chocolate melting cake that I want to bake in them. If I ever try it, you can come over and have some.
YUM! You're making me want to go into my kitchen and make chocolate chip cookies right now!
what's the joke?
Awesome!! I will totally taste your chocolate melting cake, it sounds delicious... it has the word chocolate in it... ooh...
I will always go for some chocolate chip cookies, so easy to make, and SO good... mmmm....
What are you talking about Derek??
Post a Comment