Pahaaa... hello tiny world of people that read my blog! Guess what I LOVE my monologue. The title is my ABSOLUTE favorite line to say in my monologue! Today we had our monologue preview, and I had a BLAST. I was a little worried that I would forget something, and need to be prompted but I didn't, I stumbled over a line but it was okay.
The only problem is... it's a funny monologue and I got NO audience response, hmm... (sorry I am a dot dot dot lover!!! But you already knew that) . It was pretty quiet, and I could see Mister Long, and I was HOPING for his wide eyed wide smile face... but all I got was wide EYES! WHAT DOES THAT MEAN! I need a Mr. Long interpreter here! What would that mean, on anyone else I might think alarmed? I hope not... hmm... so even though I HAD fun, I don't know that the audience did because there was no response. Hmm... some people said they laughed quietly, some people said that they thought people didn't laugh because I'm an angry crazy person and they thought it was funny but didn't want to mock the crazy person? I don't know. Anyways, I'm counting this first monologue run through as a good test trial, if people didn't laugh at all, that means I have a LOT of work to do, so I'm definitely looking forward to the comments that I'll get back from Mr. Long because his wide eyed face was not helpful enough! I just thought of something weird that will most likely never happen. What if Mr. Long read Jessica's blog, and one day decided to click on a link to my blog. Then he would read this... AWKWARD. Then he would most likely laugh when he got to this little part about how he could be reading this... and if he didn't laugh then he would laugh when I talked about laughing... unless he was still stunned by my descriptions of his awesome faces... okay... WOW. I'm going to stop now. Anywho... first monologue KIND OF FAIL... but mostly a learning opportunity... that's good! :)
4 comments:
Dear Rachel,
I am going on FOUR YEARS of knowing that man, and I still can't figure him out.
Sorry I can't be of further help. :(
Love,
Briana
Wow. Mr. Long sounds confusing. Better than Mrs. Porter, I presume?
anyway, his wide-eyes I would say would PROBABLY be surprise, but I wouldn't know, because I've never met him. On anyone else though, that would mean "wow, she's a lot better than I thought. She's Amazing! I'm sending her info to Broadway RIGHT NOW!!!!!!" but that's just a guess.
that's probably true. :P
Dear Rachel,
He is pretty confusing to me, too...of course, I don't really know him all that well...I am not one to ask. :/
I'm going with Jacobs guess :)
Hope you're having fun, dear!!!
Love,
Lauren
Actually, you did greaet!!
Post a Comment